The Pakistan Navy has commissioned a newbuild 15,000-tonne fleet tanker at the service’s dockyard in Karachi.
Designed by STM of Turkey, PNS Moawin is the largest naval ship ever constructed by Karachi Shipyard and Engineering Works.
The ship is capable of performing a wide variety of maritime operations including provision of logistical support to other ships at sea through the transfer of fuel and other military cargo.
Moawin has flight deck space for two helicopters as well as onboard medical facilities, hence enabling the vessel to provide support for humanitarian and disaster relief operations.
- Damen hopper dredger joins Rosmorport fleet
Metal Shark completes new passenger ferry for New Orleans
- Smit Lamnalco takes delivery of final two Damen ASD tugs in four-vessel order
Kerala launches high-speed ferry service
New double-ended Ro-Pax for Jiangsu province
in Ro-Pax World
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Belgium orders new research vessel
- VESSEL REVIEW | Klara 1 – High quality for high pressure times
- VESSEL REVIEW | Fathom – Canadian resort's new taxi/tourist boat
- VESSEL REVIEW | Raiymbek Batyr – Part of a six-vessel tug fleet for Khazakstan
- VLCC equipped with sail propulsion system completes sea trials