Canadian Ro-Pax operator BC Ferries has issued a request for expressions of interest (RFEOI) for the procurement of five new major vessels.
The RFEOI is the first step in the procurement and competitive bidding process, which is open to local, national, and international shipyards, including consortiums.
These vessels are anticipated to begin entering service in 2023 on BC Ferries’ major routes between Metro Vancouver and Vancouver Island.
The five new ships will replace Queen of Alberni (pictured), Queen of New Westminster, Queen of Cowichan, and Queen of Coquitlam, and will introduce an additional vessel to the fleet.
- Metal Shark enters towboat market with three-vessel order
- EDITORIAL | Wind farm boom is unlikely to last
- US Coast Guard orders seven over the horizon cutter boats
- US Navy contracts Austal to order materials for thirteenth Spearhead-class EFT
- Ørsted and Naikun not to proceed with joint development of Haida offshore wind project