China State Shipbuilding Corporation's Hudong-Zhonghua Shipbuilding recently launched two 3,000-tonne fisheries research vessels.
Named Blue Ocean 101 and Blue Ocean 201, the vessels will be operated by the Chinese Academy of Fishery Sciences upon delivery.
Each vessel has an LOA of 84.5 metres, a width of 15 metres, a depth of eight metres, a draught of five metres, an endurance of 10,000 nautical miles, and a maximum speed of 14.5 knots.
Both vessels also meet IMO's emission requirements for nitrogen oxides and sulphur oxides.
Construction of the vessels is still ongoing.
- Damen hopper dredger joins Rosmorport fleet
Keel-laying ceremony held for new hydrogen fuel cell ferry for San Francisco Bay Area
Icebreaker Andrey Vilkitsky begins sea trials
- Bath Iron Works begins construction of US Navy destroyer Patrick Gallagher
- GRSE lays keel of Indian Navy’s new stealth frigate
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Belgium orders new research vessel
- VESSEL REVIEW | Klara 1 – High quality for high pressure times
- VESSEL REVIEW | Fathom – Canadian resort's new taxi/tourist boat
- VESSEL REVIEW | Raiymbek Batyr – Part of a six-vessel tug fleet for Khazakstan
- VLCC equipped with sail propulsion system completes sea trials