Damen Shipyards Group has delivered three tugs to Ecuador’s Corpetrolsa Group of Guayaquil.
Corpetrolsa Group operates a fleet of tankers in the 2,000DWT to 7,000DWT range and the three new tugs will be used to assist them in the Ecuadorean ports of Esmeraldas and La Libertad.
They will be operated by subsidiary DLEN to support its bunkering operation.
Reaching a top speed of 9.7 knots, the smallest tug has a nine-tonne bollard pull and measures 13.0 metres by 5.2 metres.
The others - measuring 16.7 metres by 5.9 metres - have a 16-tonne bollard pull and a top speed of 11.2 knots.
The vessels were supplied in their standard format without modifications.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Havyard delivers two double-ender Ro-Paxes to Fjord1
- VESSEL REVIEW | SPEIS II – Aister delivers aluminium fireboat to Alicante Firefighting department
- VESSEL REVIEW | John Duigan – King Island’s new purpose-built landing craft
- Philippine Coast Guard commissions first two 24m patrol boats
- VESSEL REVIEW | Cap de Fer – Vittoria Shipyard returns to tug building